“Make Your Money Last as Long as You Do!”
You’ve got a lot of living to do. And, you deserve to get the most from what you have during every stage of your life. Often times financial planning is seen only as a feature of the working years; however, planning shouldn’t stop when your pay cheques do.
Your retirement years are a time to enjoy the fruits of your labour and do the things you’ve always dreamed of. That’s why it’s so important to make your money last – and we’re committed to providing solutions empowering you to do so.
Following retirement, it’s important to consider what options will best maximize your income stream and minimize your income tax bill. Retirement is about rewards, and we work to ensure you’ll never be cut short.
We will help you:
- Determine your stream of retirement income with RRIFs, annuities, and other income.
- Maximize your retirement income by selecting the best investments suited to your unique needs.
- Minimize your income tax bill.
- Ensure you can maintain your lifestyle if you become critically ill or disabled
To help you evaluate different payment option from your registered retirement income fund (RRIF), try our RRIF Payment Calculator.
Please note, the calculators and tools are for demonstration purposes only. Always consult your financial advisor before making any major financial decisions.
“Defer Tax and Save for the Future.”
You earn to save, and save to grow. However, the recipe for securing a solid financial future isn’t always this easy.
As an investor who works hard to make the most of each pay cheque, you know taxes can swallow up a significant portion of your earnings. That’s why we work to help investors find ways to defer tax and grow their investments. It’s a save now, pay later approach allowing you to lay the foundation for a strong financial future.
We’re committed to putting more money in your pocket – and this includes reducing what you pay in taxes. It’s wealth management at its best. Count on us to take you through a number of tax – savvy strategies including:
- Spousal income splitting to move into a lower tax bracket.
- Contributing to RRSPs and RESPs for tax-deferred growth and savings.
- Investing in labour-sponsored funds offering both federal and provincial tax breaks.
- Utilizing pension income tax credit.
- Preparing an effective estate plan to minimize tax when you die.
*Mutual funds are distributed through Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. For insurance products, Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. acts as a national life insurance brokerage agency.